Apple Cinnamon Dessert
An easy twist on the classic apple pie!
25 minutes - 8 people
8 unbaked cinnamon rolls
6 Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp honey
2 cups mascarpone cheese
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup apple compote
1. Peel, core and slice apples all but one apple. Unroll cinnamon rolls and wrap in an alternating pattern in a springform pan. Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes. Let cool.
2. Whip together the mascarpone and heavy cream until thick. Fold in the apple compote. Chill.
3. Make the crumble by mixing together the flour, brown sugar, honey, a pinch of salt, softened butter, oatmeal, and chopped nuts in a bowl. Pour onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes at 375 °F. Cool completely before crumbling.
4. Add a layer of cream in the center of the dish, followed by a layer of crumble. Cover the whole dish with cream. Chill until firm.
5. Cut an apple in half and remove the core, but leave on the peel. Slice the half apple thinly. Stick a toothpick in center connecting all the slices. Spin the slices around the toothpick creating a spiral. Place the apple spiral in the center of the cake. Sprinkle crumble around the edge of the cake and enjoy!