You don't need any fancy tools to make this *very* fancy dessert! 🧺☕️🍫
60 minutes - 8 people
Made by you!
2 cups white chocolate
1/4 cup instant coffee
1 cup flour
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
8 oz mascarpone cheese
3 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
1 vanilla bean, scraped
Lady finger cookies
7 tbsp powdered sugar
Melted dark chocolate
2 Ziplock bags
1. Mix the flour, eggs, melted butter, sugar, a pinch of salt together, then pour in the milk, stirring to obtain a crepe batter. Melt butter in a hot skillet, then pour in a ladle full of crepe batter. Cook one side until it slides easily in the pan, then flip. Make 5 crepes. Arrange 4 in the dish, letting the crepes hang over on the sides.
2. Whip the mascarpone together with the powdered sugar, 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, and vanilla until a whipped cream is formed, then spread half of it in the dish over the crepes. Dip the lady fingers in the coffee and place them on the whipped cream. Cover with the remaining whipped cream and place the last crepe on top. Fold the overhanging crepes to cover last pancake. Set aside
3. Boil 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream, then mix in the instant coffee. Pour over the white chocolate to melt it and then add the rest of the heavy whipping cream. Place in the fridge for 1 hour. With the melted dark chocolate, draw 3 U shapes on parchment paper and let dry in the fridge. Whip up the chilled coffee cream to form a whipped cream
4. Cut off the top and bottom of the soda can. Form 1 band by cutting vertically down the tube, then cut it in 2. Fold the strips into cones and secure with tape. Use scissors to cut teeth into the tips of the cones. Cut 1 of the lower corners of a Ziplock bag and insert one of the cones. Flatten the cone. Fill this bag with 3 quarters of the coffee cream. Demold the cake. Use the piping bag to pipe the coffee cream over the cake in a woven pattern. Cut off one of the 1 corners of the other freezer bag and insert the 2nd piping cone. Fill this bag with the remaining coffee creamer. Form small flowers all around the cake with this piping bag.
5. Form 2 slits in the top of the cake and insert 1 chocolate U upside down. Do the same on 2 sides of the cake. Cover these handles with the coffee cream with the 1st piping bag. Sprinkle dark chocolate shavings around the cake. Enjoy!