Santa's Chimney Cake
A holiday dessert that the whole family will love🍫🎅🏼🤩
60 minutes - 8 people
Made by you!
3 Pocky biscuit sticks
10 string candies
1/3 cup melted milk chocolate
1 chocolate cake
1/4 cup melted dark chocolate
1 cup melted white chocolate
8 oz mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1 vanilla bean
7 tablespoons powdered sugar
Clear glass loaf pan
1. Insert 1 Pocky biscuit stick into 3 marshmallows and cut off the protruding end. Cut 1 strip from 1 string candy and tie it between 2 of the marshmallows. Insert 2 chocolate-free ends of the Pocky biscuits into the sides of the middle marshmallow. Cut 1 sheet of parchment paper in half diagonally. Roll 1 of the halves into a cone and pour in the melted milk chocolate. Cut off a very small piece from the pointy end of the cone in order to decorate with the milk chocolate. Draw eyes, nose and mouth on the marshmallow and stick an orange sprinkle on the nose to make a snowman.
2. Cut out nine 10 x 3 cm rectangular blocks out of the chocolate cake and set aside. Next, cut six 3 x 3 cm cubes from the remaining cake and set aside. Then, cut one 15 x 5 cm block from the cake and two 20 x 5 cm pieces. Slightly trim the two 20 cm pieces to give them the shape of a sleigh. With the melted dark chocolate, glue the 15 cm piece in between the 2 pieces pieces of the sleigh. Next decorate the sleigh with melted white chocolate. Cut 8 string candies into 5 squares each and stick these pieces on the 3 cm cake cubes with melted white chocolate. Cut the remaining string candies into thin strips and tie them around the cubes to make small gifts.
3. Organize the nine 10 x 3 cm rectangular cake blocks into groups of three. Then stack the blocks on top of one another and glue them together with the melted white chocolate. At the end you should have three blocks. Next, draw brick shapes on the sides of the blocks with melted white chocolate. Add a layer of white chocolate on the edges of the tops of these cubes and sprinkle them with grated coconut to make snowy chimneys.
4. Cut 1 strip of cake and crumble it. Mix with 3 tablespoons of melted dark chocolate to make a moldable dough. On a baking tray covered with parchment paper, form 2 boots and 2 antlers and place in a cool place.
5. In a bowl whip the mascarpone cheese, the heavy cream, the scraped vanilla bean, and the powdered sugar. Crumble the remaining cake into the bottom of the loaf pan. Add 1 layer of the whipped cream on top and then another layer of crumbled cake. Repeat until the cake pan is filled to the top and finish with a layer of whipped cream. Sprinkle with grated coconut. Place the 3 cake chimneys on the surface of the cake.
6. Dip the tops of the boots in melted white chocolate and grated coconut and stick them upside down on one of the chimneys. Push the antlers into another chimney. Next, trim the madeleine so that only the bumpy part remains. Glue a strawberry candy on top of this madeleine and stick a white chocolate covered sprinkle on top. Stick sprinkles on the bumpy surface of the madeleine to make the eyes and the nose. Draw the outline of the hat and Santa's beard with melted white chocolate. Place on the last chimney and add mittens cut out of the red string candy. Put the marshmallow snowman and the presents on the cake. Cut into pieces and enjoy.