Beware the Pumpkin King! 🧀🎃
40 minutes - 6 people
Made by you!
1/2 lb ground beef
Salt & pepper
1 red onion, chopped
1 lb potatoes, cooked whole
Melted cheddar cheese
2 lb grated Swiss cheese
1 cup white wine
1. Cut off the top of the pumpkin and scoop out the insides. Carve a spooky face making sure the mouth is wide. Set the mouth aside and cook the extra pieces of pumpkin.
2. Cut four pieces of bread in half, then cut them to form coffins. Place on a lined baking sheet along with the crusts. Brush with melted butter. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 °F. When toasted, write RIP in melted cheddar cheese.
3. Mix together the ground beef, onions, parsley, salt, and pepper. Form meat balls shaped like mice. Place on lined baking sheet. Roll up the potatoes in bacon. Place on the same baking sheet as the meatballs. Bake 15 minutes at 350 °F.
4. When cooked, place slices of radishes in the meatballs to form ears. Use small pieces of red pepper to form eyes, cloves to form feet, and a chive leaf to form the tail. Remove the end of the potatoes and place slices of black olives to look like nails.
5. Cover half a platter with lettuce. Top the lettuce with the mice, fingers, cooked pumpkin, and toast coffins. Place the pumpkin next to the lettuce.
6. In a saucepan, melt together the Swiss cheese with white wine. Replace the pumpkin mouth and fill the pumpkin with the melted cheese. Enjoy!